Thursday, November 20, 2008

From Maggie's Mom

I received an e-mail from Maggie - my first - so I know that today is going to be a great day!

I need to contact Minnehaha and set up a time for her to speak in chapel. It sounds like she wants to do this before Christmas break. I will contact them today and would like to know how long this presentation is. Five minutes? 10? Please advise. Am I correct in assuming that Maggie is implying that it needs to be done pretty quickly after she gets back?

I cut and pasted from Maggie's e-mail. In her defense she did tell me that she did not have time to edit. My daughter is enthralled in things that I never could have imagined. From the zillionth time - thanks for your vision and program. The Burgesons are ever thankful to TTS and all of you!

Take Care,
Marsha



FROM MAGGIE:I sleep outside every opportunity i get. The night sky is something that will forever hold my interest, i love it. If you go outside and look up it's fun to pretend all the stars are rain drops frozen in time .It's hard to do but it's fun if you can concentrate on it. I also love to think about how far away that all is.. We have star maps so I'm figuring out all the constellations. Also i have located some dust masses and galaxies and it's all very enthralling to me.

(talking about Namibia) Dawn is so cute, she loooves rocks so she was in heaven.

1 comment:

Gennifre said...

Marsha-

Thanks for passing this along. Maggie also sent me an email. It said:

HEY GEN!!!!

Africa is AMAZING! I don't even know what to tell you ahha.
We are in the A-Frames right now, they are so cute!!
It's so great because I've realized so much about myself in the past week or so.
Yesterday we were driving and four or five zebras were running along side the truck!
They were going so insanely fast.
We stopped at the bad lands, they were really disorienting to look at haha because it's hard to tell how big they actually are juts looking at them. I really enjoyed them though.

We all miss you!! I hope your kids are doing wonderfully. there was a picture of you and your family up in the Cupido's house :)

Love,
Maggie

I love those girls 

The final presentation takes about 30 minutes. The teachers are helping her understand exactly what she needs to do to give the presentation, so she’ll just need your help at home to arrange a time and place. It is an important part of the transition for her to be able to have a public format where she can share her experiences. I’m sure her friends and family would love to come.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else – and I’m so glad Maggie sent these wonderful emails home!

All the best,
G